Initially I wanted the chair to be ornate, but not overwhelming within the scene. I looked on sellingantiques.co.uk and searched for Georgian period chairs. There was a large variety of designs, I decided to blend afew designs together taking bits i liked from different refference.
I started by hard surface modelling the chairs frame. I took this into Zbrush and sculpted wear and damage. i wanted to keep the damage minor so only slight indents were made where the chair legs may have been bashed against something.
I received a lot critique towards the cushion, it was too square shaped, the creases were to deep, it didn't look like it connected to the chair properly and the material didn't work. As a result of this, I put on the polish list that I would revisit the cushion later in the project. Looking back, these problems stem from a lack of reference when creating the cushion, as a result I was sort of making it up as I went a long and it shows.